Sunday, June 16, 2013

Yay a post!

I finished a thing and I thought I'd share it with you.

This is a baby blanket for an expecting friend. The pattern is Cozy Luxe Baby Throw by Lion Brand done in Hoetown USA bulky yarn also by Lion Brand. It was a great pattern, easy and quick. I messed up a few times here or there, but that's more from me watching Firefly than from a difficult pattern.

I also finished a pair of socks but they're plain with self-striping yarn and pretty boring in terms of knitterly interest so I haven't taken any pictures. I still haven't done the second red string of fate sock, but I started another pair with the same pattern in a whale blue/gray for my mom's upcoming birthday so maybe I'll post pictures of those once they're done. I haven't touched my improvised sweater for a while because the next part involves seaming and joining and sleeves and I just don't wanna. I've finished both fronts and the back though.

*what follows is a sob story so if you don't want to read skip down to the bolded statement*

I haven't been knitting a whole lot lately because  my hands and wrists constantly hurt. They have for a couple of months now. I went to a walk-in clinic and they tested me for arthritis, which thankfully I don't have, but they don't do any follow ups so I've got to go to my primary care physician, about a 3 hour drive away since I didn't switch when I moved. I don't think it's anything serious but for now I've been trying to take it easy. Of course I can't quit knitting altogether because I'll go insane and start stabbing people with my knitting needles but I really only get about an hour in a day in little ten minute intervals.

Sob story over

Anyway, I'm gonna try to update as I finish things, rather than on a set schedule, so if I don't post for a while it's because I don't have anything finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment